Sunday, January 20, 2008

LAZY SUNDAY #11: HOT FOR WORDS

The secret to any good writer's success is the willingness to keep learning. I call it "sponge mode" soaking up enough new stuff so that you have something original to squeeze out when duty calls.

The internet is a phenomenal learning and reference tool, putting virtually anything you want to understand or experience at your fingertips. But none of that is much good if your basic writing skill, your vocabulary, isn't as strong as it could be.

But before you go thinking that means reading the dictionary or hangin' with some boring old grammar lady, let me introduce you to Marina, a teacher who makes understanding words and their meanings almost intoxicating.

Enjoy your Sunday...




Visit Marina anytime at www.hotforwords.com...

1 comment:

Bitter Animator said...

Wow. I think I could learn a lot from that woman. They didn't make teachers like that when I was a kid.

Or if they did, I didn't notice.