Friday, August 06, 2010

Quotes of the Week

I seriously intended to post something thoughtful and challenging to end off the week. But I haven't had ten minutes to myself for days so the research isn't done.

And it's nice out…

And the dog's been sitting at the door so long with a tennis ball in her mouth that she's out of spit…

So here are my three favorite quotes of the week instead. This is in the tradition of a little collection I often share with friends to denote my weekend sign off and maybe should start sharing here…

#3: From Entertainment Weekly:

"Harry's Law" -- The tagline on the show's IMDB page says: "A group of misfit lawyers form an unconventional firm."

I can't believe that David E. Kelley is abandoning form like that! What a daring artistic adventurer he is! Goodness. I swear, if Kathy Baker shows up or if the show is set in Boston I will declare David E. Kelley the most inventive man in showbiz."

#2: From Dennis Miller:

Regarding the proposed "Ground Zero Mosque"…

"I say we build one long skinny mosque the entire length of our border with Mexico and then nobody can complain about anything to anybody...

But if they do set up shop on sacred ground and expect us to digest it with a smile, I hope the entire diverse, wonderful NY Freak Show turns up on their front doorstep in all its glorious Technicolor insanity. The Naked Cowboy, the incessant car alarms during prayer time, the guys on the street trying to palm off free drink tickets to the topless bar next door, the Sabrett's cart with the big, honkin' pork frankfurters.

Welcome to the show guys and we're sure you'll be as open minded as we are being. Because, you know, rolling with it is your M.O. Right?"

And finally, a little Cancon to meet the terms of license from which this site has no intention of seeking relief and which may also qualify us for future CMF funding…

#1: From some guy who used to blog or somethin' and you'd think was doing well enough to afford a spell checker:

dmc tweet

No comments: