Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year / New Music

james dean giant

Nobody told me this was a Stat Holiday…

I’m thinking it’s some kind of plot to make people feel they don’t really have to get started on their New Year’s resolutions. Some automatic cheat day or 24 hour grace period.

As for me, I stuck with the program. Got up earlier than the dog for a change. Hustled her butt through the park. Turned up showered, shaved and wearing a crisply starched shirt. Only to discover nobody else was ready to play.

So now I’ve got time on my hands – always a dangerous state for yours truly. That “Idle hands are the devil’s tools” thing was coined with me in mind.

So the idle hands plugged in one of the new albums I bought over the holidays and then I figured why not tempt others away from what they thought they’d accomplish today.

I’m Satan. Plain and simple.

And as we all know, I’m a fan of Country Music.

But there are some interesting new breezes blowing across that landscape. Some of the bands I’m introducing you to today have been around a while. But they’ll probably be new to most of you.

So think of this as “Out with the Old – In with the New” for your 2012 listening habits.

First up, The Avett Brothers, Country Music Television’s “New Artist of 2011”. They’re followed by “Mumford & Sons” and “Old Crow Medicine Show”. I know you’ll like ‘em. I hope you’ll want to hear more of what they do.

The Avett Brothers

Mumford & Sons

Old Crow Medicine Show

No comments: